Plan and Estimate your Share of College Costs
This calculator is a tool that can help you determine how college financial aid and education loans are awarded. Do you qualify?
Keep in mind the following:
- This calculator provides estimates of need-based aid, not merit awards.
- The contribution estimated here is only as reliable as the data you enter.
- The family contribution (FC) may vary among colleges according to their own institutional policies and professional judgments. Williams uses the basic guidelines of the College Scholarship Service’s Institutional Methodology to determine family contributions.
- The Office of Financial Aid is the final authority on your exact FC. This estimate should provide a very close approximation of your expected contribution.
- Special circumstances are treated on a case by case basis. This information should be communicated directly to the Office of Financial Aid at the time of your application.
This calculator is intended to estimate a family contribution for U.S. Citizens and permanent residents. It does not apply to Canadian or other international students.
Enter your income and asset data. Here’s what the net price calculator can do:
- Estimate the Family Contribution (FC) using both federal and institutional methodology.
- Project an inflation-adjusted FC any number of years into the future.
- Show financial-aid-What If (inheritance, bonus, moving, etc.) instant answers.
- Compute education loan payments for Stafford, PLUS, Perkins, and others.
- Print your own FC Report for future reference (financial aid explanations included).
We provide easy-to-understand help messages next to every data entry field.
For privacy, your record will automatically be deleted when you exit.
- Windows PC, also compatible with most Mac computers.
- Recommended Browser: Internet Explorer or Safari.
- Java must be enabled to run the calculator. Click here to determine if you have Java enabled. If Java is not enabled, you can install it at www.java.com.