Complete this form if you meet the following criteria:
- You receive financial aid from Williams College, AND
- You are enrolled in a Winter Study thesis project OR
- You are enrolled in a Winter Study regular project that requires you to prepare your own project budget. [Courses include but are not limited to BIOL 21, PSCI 21, PSYC 19, and SPEC 21]
If you meet these criteria but your Winter Study project has no cost associated with it, then you do not need to complete this form.
- Carefully complete the form below.
- Click Submit.
- A confirmation email will be delivered to your Williams email address. Print it.
- Ask your course instructor to sign your confirmation email in the space provided.
- Submit your signed confirmation email to the Office of Financial Aid. (Note: You may also submit it to the Office of the Registrar with your project proposal, if applicable.) Include any supporting documents you deem appropriate.
- Promptly reply to any follow-up questions by the Winter Study financial aid coordinator.
Deadlines and Grant Disbursement
If you need to receive your Winter Study grant before Winter Study commences, submit this form to the Office of Financial Aid by Tuesday, November 15. Forms will not be accepted after Friday, February 7, 2014. We will email you notification of your calculated aid, which will be issued to you by check to your Paresky box or direct deposit to your bank account. If you are not set up for direct deposit with the Controller’s Office (which is different than Payroll), you are encouraged to complete the necessary paperwork now to ensure timely disbursement of your aid.
Financial aid recipients will be awarded 75% of approved expenses, up to a maximum of $500 for thesis projects and $300 for regular projects. We do not maintain an exhaustive list of approved expenses but the Winter Study financial aid coordinator is available to review your tentative budget throughout the Winter Study registration and planning period. Please note that aid cannot be provided for room, board, or travel to-and-from your home because Williams has already provided aid for these expenses in your annual financial aid award. Gasoline expense is calculated using rates of 20 mpg and $3.433/gallon.