Williams College signed and returned (on May 13th, 2020) to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement for receipt of the CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF); the ARP Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF III) for student aid in the amount of $2,100,372 were included in that agreement. As of this reporting, the College awarded $1,982,945.06 of the funds in direct grants to students who were enrolled during the 2020-2021 academic year, incoming 2021-2022 students who qualified for the First Yard Fund, and students enrolled in the 2021-2022 to support emergency needs as well as cost of attendance items like travel and personal expenses.
- The college requested its distribution of ARP Act funds on August 9, 2021, August 27, 2021, and September 30, 2021.
- On July 27, 2021, the college began its awarding of ARP Act student funds to eligible students. The block grant to all eligible students who were enrolled during the 2020-2021 academic year is up to $1,700; for incoming students who qualified for the First Yard Fund the block grant was $1.400; the amount for emergency needs varied based on the expense.
- As of the time of this reporting, 1,182 eligible students have been awarded ARP funding of $1,982,945.06.
- The college provided student aid HEERF to students who submitted a recent and valid FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to the college’s Financial Aid Office, and that was based on the FAFSA that was on file with the college at the time the college received authorization to distribute the student aid HEERF from the Department of Education. For those not eligible to file a FAFSA, the College determined eligibility based on its institutional application, The CSS Profile.
- The amount of student aid HEERF provided to qualified students was determined by their eligibility of institutionally determined financial need.
- The college has filed this report regarding the institutional portion spending as of September 30, 2021.
- Last updated: October 10, 2021