Fall Books are available at The Williams Bookstore for purchase. Here’s how it works:
- ONLINE – Your Student ID number will serve as tender for the online purchase of books. On the website, thewilliamsbookstore.com, select each of your courses and section to see your book list and choose your books. Tender and options for pick-up or delivery will display at check-out. The book grant does not pay for shipping charges, pick up is free. Please note: The bookstore experiencing high order volume so please allow 3-7 business days to process your online order. Orders may be shipped from other locations so please check the tracking on your order confirmation before you come to the store.
- CHECKING – OUT ONLINE – Once you’ve selected your items on the website, select Williams College Campus ID and enter your seven-digit ID number without the W at the beginning. The Williams Fall 2021 account will appear. Select the radio button to agree to the terms and conditions and use the “Pay With This” banner to apply the ID card. You will receive an order confirmation email and a secondary notification when your order is ready.
- IN-STORE – Textbooks are available in-store in alpha order by course. Make sure you know your registered courses and sections to if you plan to come into the store to shop.
- CHECKING – OUT IN STORE– Give the Cashier your Williams ID. If you misplace your Williams ID, you will be able to use the system the day after you get a replacement from Campus Safety.
- Be sure to save your original itemized receipts; you will need these if you must return books.
- CHARGES TO YOUR STUDENT ACCOUNT – Your book charges will be applied to your student account the day after your Williams Bookstore purchase. A book grant, in the exact amount of the charge for your REQUIRED textbooks, will be applied to your student account during the week of September 20th, 2021. Recommended books or books purchased for a course you plan to audit will not be covered by the book grant.
If you change a course after you have purchased your books, you must return the books from the dropped course and acquire the books for the added course as soon as possible. You will need your Williams ID and your original receipt to receive credit for returned books.
Deadlines for full refunds are September 24th or 48 hours after purchase thereafter, per the Williams Bookstore return policy. Please read the refund information policy slip given with each purchase.
If you are not sure that you will remain in the course, do not write in your books. If you return a book that was new when purchased but you have written in it, you will be credited for a used book; the cost difference will not be covered by the book grant.
Student Financial Services highly recommends purchasing books over renting. Should you opt to rent a textbook, it must be returned or converted to a purchase by the published deadlines or you will be charged late fees by the bookstore which will not be covered by your book grant.
If you are enrolled in an independent study / thesis course or MCLA/Bennington College course, complete and submit this form.