For the Spring 2021 semester, the process for buying books will be similar as last fall due to the COVID-19 requirements by the college. You will order your books from The Williams Bookstore using their online system. Your 7 digit Student ID number will serve as tender to charge your books to your term bill.
Here’s how it works:
- ONLINE – Your Student ID number will serve as tender for the online purchase of books. We strongly recommend shopping for your books on the website once you’ve registered for classes. On the website, thewilliamsbookstore.com, select each of your courses and section to see your book list and choose your books. Tender and options for pick-up or delivery will display at check-out. Please note: The bookstore experiencing high order volume so please allow 3-7 business days to process your online order. Orders may be shipped from other locations so please check the tracking on your order confirmation before you come to the store.
- IN-STORE – Textbooks are available in-store in alpha order by course. Make sure you know your registered courses and sections to if you plan to come into the store to shop. Please note: Bookstore occupancy will be extremely limited and social distancing in effect.
- CHECKING – OUT – Once you’ve selected your items on the website, select Williams College Campus ID and enter your seven-digit ID number without the W at the beginning. The Williams Spring 2021 account will appear. Select the radio button to agree to the terms and conditions and use the “Pay With This” banner to apply the ID card. You will receive an order confirmation email and a secondary notification when your order has shipped or is ready for delivery. Be sure to save your original itemized receipts; you will need these if you must return books.
- DELIVERY – For those studying remotely please choose the shipping option at check out. Shipping details and rates are available. Books can also be shipped to campus. Shipping charges can be applied to student ID and will be covered by the book grant. Please note: Campus delivery will not be available this semester. Please ship to your Paresky address. Store pick up is an option but note that store occupancy is limited due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- CHARGES TO YOUR STUDENT ACCOUNT – Your book charges will be applied to your student account the day after your Williams Bookstore purchase. A book grant, in the exact amount of the charge for your REQUIRED textbooks, will be applied to your student account during the week of March 8, 2021. Recommended books or books purchased for a course you plan to audit will not be covered by the book grant.
If you change a course after you have purchased your books, you must return the books from the dropped course and acquire the books for the added course as soon as possible. You will need your Williams ID and your original receipt to receive credit for returned books; a pre-paid return label will be included with all books that The Williams Bookstore has shipped to you.
Deadlines for full refunds are March 11 or 48 hours after purchase thereafter, per the Williams Bookstore return policy. Please read the refund information policy slip given with each purchase.
If you are not sure that you will remain in the course, do not write in your books. If you return a book that was new when purchased but you have written in it, you will be credited for a used book; the cost difference will not be covered by the book grant.
If you are enrolled in an independent study / thesis course or MCLA/Bennington College course, complete and submit this form.