Current / Returning Students - US Citizens & Perm Residents
Submit by January 4, 2019
- The CSS Profile Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 completed online by student and parent(s). If either parent is re-married, the current spouse’s information is also required.
Williams CSS code is 3965
complete and submit to apply for funding from Williams
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) 2019-2020 online
Williams FAFSA code is 002229
complete and submit to apply for federal funds only – including the Federal Direct (student) and PLUS (parent) loans
- Submit the following documentation to the College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC)
available online after October 1, 2018 or 24 to 48 hours after submission of the CSS Profile
- Submit 2019-2020 Verification Statement – you must download the fillable form and print, complete and physically sign this from the IDOC website
- Submit 2017 Federal Tax Returns for the student, including all schedules and W-2 forms (including Williams College) or a 2017 Non-tax Filer’s Statement
- Submit 2017 Federal Tax Returns for custodial parents, including all schedules and W-2 forms
- Submit 2017 Federal Business Tax Returns, including all schedules and K-1 forms, if parents are self-employed or involved in a Corporation, Partnership, or S Corporation.
- If parents are divorced, separated, or were never married:
- A CSS Profile must be completed by the noncustodial parent. Information about creating a parent College Board account is available here. Be sure to include the student social security number and CBFinaid ID on the CSS Profile to ensure that the student CSS Profile will match with the parent CSS Profile.
- Submit 2017 Federal Tax Return for noncustodial parent, including all schedules and W-2 forms.
If the noncustodial parent is re-married, the current spouse’s income information is also required. Please provide your noncustodial parent all of the instructions about submitting application materials to the College Board’s IDOC service.