Note: If you are submitting documents after our submission date, rest assured that these documents will still be accepted and it will not negatively influence your application in any way. Although if you are delayed, significantly, it may affect your ability to get a timely award.
Customized instructions are available for international students.
The CSS Profile
https://cssprofile.collegeboard.org/ (Use code 3965)
Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 completed online by student and parent(s). If either parent is re-married, the current spouse’s information is also required.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ (Use code 002229)
Submit the following documentation to the College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC). The service is available online after October 1, 2021 or 24 to 48 hours after submission of the CSS Profile.
2020 Federal Tax Returns for custodial parents
Include all schedules and W-2 forms.
2020 Federal Tax Returns for the student
Include all schedules and W-2 forms (including Williams College) or a 2020 Non-tax Filer’s Statement.
- Must be copies of federal tax returns actually filed with the IRS; do not send state tax returns
- Must include all schedules such as 1 through 6, A, B, C, E, F and/or SE
- Must include all W2 forms
- If no taxes are filed, a Non-tax Filers Statement must be submitted
- If parents hold an interest in a partnership or corporation, copies of all pages and schedules of the federal business income tax return(s), including all K-1′s, must be submitted to IDOC with personal federal income tax returns.
2022-2023 Verification Statement
Download the fillable form and print, complete and physically sign this from the IDOC website.
Please submit the following documentation to the College Board's Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC). The service is available online, 24 to 48 hours after you submit the CSS PROFILE.
If your parents are self-employed or involved in a Corporation, Partnership, or S Corporation:
- 2020 Federal Business Tax Returns: Include all schedules and K-1 forms.
If your parents are divorced, separated, or never married:
- Noncustodial Parent CSS PROFILE
- 2020 Federal Tax Returns for noncustodial parents: Include all schedules and W-2 forms. If the noncustodial parent is remarried, the current spouse's income information is also required.
If your Noncustodial Parent Waiver petition was approved when you applied to Williams, please disregard any requirements that you see on your CSS Profile or IDOC dashboard.
- You can upload them via the IDOC website (recommended) or mail hard copies.
- If mailing, you will print your IDOC Cover Sheet - be sure to fill in the IDOC Cover Sheet completely.
- Submit only one, complete set of documents to IDOC - either via upload or mail.
- Do not submit duplicate copies to Williams.
- Use the IDOC version of the non-filing statements available on the IDOC website.