Current / Returning Students - US Citizens & Perm Residents
Due by April 5, 2018
- The CSS Profile Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 completed online by student and parent(s). If either parent is re-married, the current spouse’s information is also required.
Williams CSS code is 3965
complete and submit to apply for funding from Williams
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) 2018-2019 online
Williams FAFSA code is 002229
complete and submit to apply for federal funds only – including the Federal Direct (student) and PLUS (parent) loans
- Submit the following documentation to the College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC)
available online after November 1, 2017 or 24 to 48 hours after submission of the CSS Profile
- Submit 2018-2019 Verification Statement – you must download the fillable form and print, complete and physically sign this from the IDOC website
- Submit 2016 Federal Tax Returns for the student, including all schedules and W-2 forms (including Williams College) or a 2016 Non-tax Filer’s Statement
- Submit 2016 Federal Tax Returns for custodial parents, including all schedules and W-2 forms
- Submit 2016 Federal Business Tax Returns, including all schedules and K-1 forms, if parents are self-employed or involved in a Corporation, Partnership, or S Corporation.
- If parents are divorced, separated, or were never married:
- A CSS Profile must be completed by the noncustodial parent. Information about creating a parent College Board account is available here. This is a new process beginning in 2018-2019. Be sure to include the student social security number on the CSS Profile to ensure that the student CSS Profile will match with the parent CSS Profile.
- Submit 2016 Federal Tax Return for noncustodial parent, including all schedules and W-2 forms.
If the noncustodial parent is re-married, the current spouse’s income information is also required. Please provide your noncustodial parent all of the instructions about submitting application materials to the College Board’s IDOC service.